Here are 10 interesting facts about Canada that you may not have known about!
- Snag, Yukon has a record lowest temperature of -63 C in 1947. That’s almost as cold as Mar’s surface.
- We have an estimated 3 million lakes, which is 60% of the total lakes on Earth.
- Our nation’s size is bigger than the European Union.
- At the northern tip of the Ellesmere Island is where you’ll find the northernmost permanently inhabited place in the world, Nunavut!
- Canada has the longest coastline.
- Canada is home to 10% of the world’s forests.
- Quebec City is the only city north of Mexico that still has fortified walls.
- We have the most bitumen in the world.
- Our national parks are bigger than some countries.
- Canada has North America’s strongest current.
Article by Admin